Yes, you read it completely right. It is very important to give up the manufacturing of different types of clothing. Still, it is also equally responsible for the manufacturers to give them an identity in labels. These are popularly called Clothing labels and help add up the values to the products or brand in overall.
These labels require additional labor and investment to be put up while packing and shipping the products to different retail stores. All of these efforts bring the results in terms of the annual turnover perceived by the brand. Thus, the upcoming content speaks in more detail about the different types of these.
What are The different categories of clothing labels?
The following enlists the types of Clothing labels found on the clothes before checking out by the customers:
- The first one is the brand logo, which defines the product’s name and projects the overall reliability, quality, and durability in the market. It creates the first and last impression amongst the customers and shows how the products are perceived.
- The next is the size label, which comes in letters like XS, S, M, etc. or numbers (formal shirts and trousers). It defines the fitting and is the next parameter observed by the buyers before freezing any fabric design choice.
- The next type is the care label, which contains the detailed instructions for washing and ironing the fabric after every use. It differs based on the material’s properties and thus clearly demarcates the dos and don’ts with the particular product. Additionally, it can also contain the exact material composition and country of origin.
- Another type of label found on the clothes, in general, is a flag label. It is generally found on the outside seam of the product and contains the logo of the brand. The basic purpose of including it is the design aesthetics and perception in the market.
- The manufacturer label is the next important label found on the clothes and comes very handy in the brand being a global one. In other words, these global products are distributed across different nations and retail stores. Therefore, this label can help track down the parent destination and resolve the queries of the consumers faster.
- An additional cloth label put up by the manufacturers under the cloth’s side seam is a batch label. It comes very handy in internal quality inspection cases and defines the line and other details of the manufacturing of the product. In case if any rectification is required, it hastens up the process and aids in proper closure.
- The last type of label is the special label, or the one-liner that draws the customer’s attention. It generally includes the material composition that defines the overall usability of the garment in different seasons.
Though the number of such labels may be high, all of these contribute towards the effective sales of the products and closure of the after-sales issues.
Keep up The maintenance of the clothing labels
Keeping up with sustainability, all of these labels must stay on the fabric throughout its lifetime. Therefore, the manufacturer has to take special care of these points while making or stitching these up check how:-
- The material used for creating the labels (tried and tested under the lab conditions).
- The Quality of ink used for the printing (must not diminish under repeated cycles of wash and iron).
- The positioning of the labels on the cloth.
On an ending note, the Clothing labels play a pivotal role for both the buyers and the sellers and thus need to be taken seriously.