The human obsession with beauty and the desire to maintain a youthful exuberance has been prevalent since the ancient ages. It is safe to say that the same desire has been translated into the modern ages as well, with beauty standards always providing youthfulness in the limelight. One such innovation that has taken the beauty world by storm and helped to redefine the way we look at ourselves is the Botox treatment. Botox is probably one of the most sought-after and common cosmetic procedures that are preferred by millions all around the globe.
What is Botox?
Botox is a form of a neurotoxic compound that is created by a certain group of bacteria and is one of the only forms that is considered safe enough for cosmetology purposes. Botox is primarily used for treating a wide variety of skin imperfections such as wrinkles and fine lines. The amount of time a Botox injection can last when it comes to effects usually varies between 2 to 4 years though some patients can witness different durations. How the treatment works are that it relaxes the skin near the area it has been injected in, which in turn helps to smoothen it.
Kansas City surgical arts reviews the following are some of the reasons as to why you should be getting a Botox treatment for yourself:
- Botox is considered completely safe when it is administered into the skin.
- Apart from a slight prick of the needles, you can expect the procedure to be almost free from any pain.
- The process is quite fast and typically lasts for about only 10 minutes, and then it is done.
- There is no need for downtime after a Botox appointment. You can carry on with your life just as usual.
- If you are someone who faces excessive sweating, then Botox might be the solution you were looking for.
- The effects of the injections are generally quite long-lasting and can last for about 3-4 months at a stretch.
Botox has a very high satisfaction rate. Most patients claim that the process is extremely seamless and the results highly satisfactory. In case you are wondering, Botox is FDA approved, which makes it a safe option considering it is covered under a regulatory body. The entire process is non-invasive. There is no need for surgery or other hassles related to it.
What are some of the common side effects associated with Botox?
- You might find yourself suffering from unusual muscle spasms.
- There might also be occasions when you will urinate frequently and tend to lose an amount of bladder control.
- Some patients have also reported developing a hoarse voice. Others say they face issues wherein their throat gets swollen, and they have difficulty swallowing.
- If injected around the eyes, you might also find yourself with droopy eyelids and maybe even eyebrows.
- In some extreme cases, it may also change in the vision and may lead to temporary short-sightedness as well.
- There might be some issues in the chest as well, where you might feel a sharp pain extending to the jaw and neck. This may last for quite some time.
Some may even feel as if they are running out of air, which may cause some trouble breathing. Some may even exhibit typical symptoms of a common cold, such as a sore throat and runny nose. There might also be instances where you might find yourself sweating profusely. In case the administration of the Botox has not been done properly, there can be signs of bruising as well on these spots. It can develop dark lacerations, too, at the latter stages.
Tips to keep in mind after administering Botox:
- Gently exercise your face so that the blood circulation can happen at ease.
- Make sure you relax your face for the rest of the day and do not apply a lot of products to it.
- Ensure that you maintain a normal heart rate as well for the rest of the day.
- Avoid touching the face and the areas where the injections had been administered.
- Leave the treated alone and do not try to put any ice packs on it.
- Wait for about 24 hours before you decide to indulge in heavy physical activity.
- Four hours after you get the injections to ensure that you are sitting up.
- Try to avoid drinking alcohol once the procedure has been performed on your face.
- Do not opt for other treatments like facials and scrubs immediately afterward the treatment has been done.
Keeping the above pointers in mind should ensure that you have a pleasant experience with Botox. There is absolutely no reason to worry as the treatment is fairly common. Getting experienced personnel to carry out the treatment is of utmost importance. Rest assured, you are bound to get young-looking skin.