Dogs are defined as the best friends of men and need an equal amount of love and compassion as fellow human beings. Along with food, clothing, and shelter, they need proper care and timely looking for prevention of any complications in the health or otherwise. One of the important aspects of this care is grooming, or in simple words the optimization of the looks of the pets.
And when it comes to grooming of the nails of the dogs, the situation does not stay that well i.e. the dogs would never show them up for care and unintentionally you end up hurting them. Therefore, the upcoming content speaks in more detail about the proper methodology of trimming up the dog’s nails. Click Here to know more about it.
Beginning with the comfort zone
The first and foremost thing that needs to be done is to make the dog comfortable every time someone wishes to touch its paws. With practice, it would stop getting bothered with such touches and cooperate completely throughout the process. A few of the tips for it can include as follows:
- Letting the dog sniff up some item and then complement it by playing with the paws.
- Keep gracing its steps with warm touches that add comfort to it and enhance the happiness with such plays.
- Bringing up the nail trimmer or cutter and starting up with cuts on the tips to eventually making it acquainted with the usage of such products.
Many of the dog owners prefer the latest point and go through the time-consuming process to finally trim out the long nails.
Understanding the direct approach
In case if you want to see the direct approach of shortening the nails, then follow the steps given below to execute the process seamlessly:
- Hold the paw and use two fingers to hold the bottom and top portions of the same respectively. Ensure that the dog’s hair does not get in the way of the nails and cutting the same would not cause any irritation to the animal.
- Push your fingers a bit to further expose the long nails and ensure that even now the hair does not come up in the way.
- With the help of the trimmer or cutter, remove only the tip of the claws and be very sure that you do not go deeper to cause any harm to it.
- Eventually move down a bit till the length that needs to be trimmed. Do not go till the extreme bottom where the blood vessels are present and can cause immense pain in case of accidental touch.
Thus, with all of these steps, the overall trimming gets comfortable and your dog cooperates throughout the process.
Going up for the perfect equipment
Yes, you can find a good number of choices of dog trimmers or cutters in the online market. But the proper selection of the same can be ensured by looking at the following factors:
- Good brand name in the market with proper ratings of the products and recommendations from the previous users on the overall reliability of the products.
- Ergonomically designed clippers or cutters that can go well with different breeds and thus prove out on the overall flexibility.
- Comes up with a detailed instruction manual to show on the overall usage and demarcate the dos and don’ts while using the same.
- Effectiveness in doing the entire process and reducing the repeatability of the process to add convenience for the dog.
On an ending note, it is very important to have the perfect grooming practices for the dogs to achieve two goals- give them the best looks and ensure their comfort throughout the process.