These days CBD is a popular topic among health enthusiasts. People are slowly becoming aware of the CBD health benefit that encompasses general health and well-being, skin and hair care, and CBD oil for sleep.
After many recent types of research, it is clarified that CBD can be beneficial for skin care. Therefore, it has increased the CBD oil-based products in the market. However, it is crucial to have proper knowledge regarding CBD oil before putting one money in it.
What is CBD oil?
CBD is cannabidiol which is a chemical substance cannabinoid that is extracted from the cannabis plant. One thing to keep in mind is that CBD is a non-psychoactive substance found in the cannabis plant. Non-psychoactive means it does not give the feeling of being high after consumption. On the other hand, THC is the psychoactive substance found in cannabis, and CBD oil has 0.3 per cent THC. Therefore, it means one will not get addicted to it.
CBD helps enhance the well being of a person. To make CBD oil, CBD is extracted using different extraction methods like heat extraction. CBD extract is then mixed with other carrier oil like coconut or hemp. This oil is then used on the skin to treat various allergies, inflammation-based issues.
How CBD oil works?
Recently, it is found that the human body has ECS or endocannabinoid receptors. These receptors are receptive to cannabinoids. It means they send neurotransmission after being in contact with the CBD. The neurotransmission then helps in reducing the inflammation and pain in the skin.
It is the reason why CBD oil is used directly on the skin to heal and reduce inflammation caused by psoriasis, acne, eczema etc. It also works in allergies that show up on the skin.
What can CBD oil treat?
There are several ways CBD oil can be beneficial for the skin and have healing properties:-
- Itchy skin: For those suffering from psoriasis, eczema and another skin issue that causes itching can get relief by using CBD oil. Their anti-inflammatory trait helps in reducing itchy feeling and reduces redness.
- Dry skin: CBD oil has moisturizing properties, which help in soothing dry skin.
- Acne inflammation: Antimicrobial and oil reducing characteristics of CBD help in controlling acne breakout.
- Skin infection: Skin infections can be treated with CBD oil as it has antifungal properties and antibacterial properties.
- Wrinkles and age spots: Anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties of the CBD oil helps in reducing oxidative reaction of the skin that makes skin look more aged.
Using CBD oil
CBD oil is a new product and, therefore, one should be careful before using them. Always check the label and package of the oil to know the steps to use the oil. CBD oil can be found in lotions and tinctures that can be used on the skin directly. Other than this, CBD oil is also consumed. One thing to keep in mind is that dosages should be followed strictly as per the product packaging. The dosages are usually dependant on the strength of CBD oil.
CBD can be helpful for the skin. But one should be careful while buying them. Always check the concentration of THC in the soil, if it is 3rd party tested and the potency of CBD before buying.